Design Tips« Back to Ideas Collection
More Design Tips
- • Poster Design Tips
- • Liquefied Lettering
- • Design That's Easy as A-B-C
- • Eye-Teasing Design
- • Variation on a Theme
- • A Lesson from the Census
- • Room to Breathe
- • Communicating With Color
- • Painting With Light
- • Low-Cost Clip Art and Image
- • Breakthrough Brochures
- • What Is a Creative Solution?
- • The Risk of Over Designing
- • Successful Newsletters How-To
- • Add a Drop Shadow for Drama
- • Do-It-Yourself Letterhead
- • Creative in Black and White
- • Depicting Time and Motion with Design
Spicing Up Your Voicemail Greeting
|"Thank you for calling. Today is Monday, March 17th. I'll be in meetings all morning and... blah, blah, blah..." Voice mail is one of those "conveniences" most people love to hate. They hate recording an outbound greeting, and they hate leaving inbound messages. But using voice mail doesn't have to be as painful as a root canal without the anesthetic. Here are four ways to make your voice mail fun, memorable, and a better marketing tool...
by Jeffrey Gitomer
If salespeople are worried about how to sell, Gitomer (The Sales Bible) believes they are missing out on the more important aspect of sales: why people buy. This, he says, is "all that matters." His latest book aims to demystify buying principles for salespeople. Each chapter includes a mini table of contents, pull quotes and takeaway sound bites, examples of typical whines from salespeople paired with a positive response, and plenty of advice and ideas that can be taken in and studied as a whole or referred to at random for inspiration.